This post is part of my 12 Days of Christmas campaign where I share a Christmassy blog post every day for 12 days! It involves giveaways, competitions and more – so keep your eyes peeled!
It’s that time of the year again! Christmas decorations, jumpers and general festive spirit is found everywhere and I love it. To be honest, I don’t really need a reason to wear a Christmas jumper, but if you are not so keen the Save The Children campaign will definitely get you up for it!
I’m sure you’ve heard of this campaign before, but let me explain a little bit about it. Save the Children are of course a fantastic charity that do amazing work for children in terms of education, health and so much more.
Every year in December they have a Christmas Jumper day. It really couldn’t be any easier: everyone wears a Christmas jumper and donates £2 to Save the Children. You can do this in your workplace, school, organisation or anywhere you wish! This years Christmas Jumper Day is taking place on Friday 13th December. You can register and order a fundraiser pack here.
The fundraiser packs include posters, stickers and more fun things that will help you raise lots of money for Save the Children! Whether you want to join from your office, school, with friends or family at home or even from your local pub – there are always opportunities to fundraise for charity.
Some ideas to help you fundraise for Christmas Jumper Day
Of course the point of this campaign is that everyone wears a Christmas Jumper on Friday 13th December and donates £2 to Save the Children. But to help you make some extra money for charity and have some more fun in your office, here are some additional ideas:
- Have a ‘best dressed’ competition, everyone can donate an extra £1 or so to be added and you can enjoy your walk around the office judging everyone’s best outfit. To make it really fun you can bring a camera and take pictures of everyone in their jumpers. (Tip: I’ve added some jumpers below that you can buy online and win you that competition!)
- Ask your friends/colleagues to write down a couple facts about themselves. Then put them all into one document and make a quiz out of it! ‘Whodunnit’, a game where others have to guess which facts belong to which person. Again, you can ask for a small donation to enter into the competition.
- Guess the cupcake flavour! Organise a blind taste testing with some cupcakes from your local shop (or homemade!). Ask everyone for a £1 or two to join and let the tasting commence! If you can, it’s always fun to add some intersting and hard-to-guess flavour (popcorn, prosecco, mango, lavender or how about a bloody Mary). The winner can take the leftover cupcakes.
- Host a pub quiz style game, with general knowledge, sports, music and/or other topics! You can even create one with questions about your school/workplace.
- A raffle! I love raffles, because they are such a cheap and cheerful way to raise some money for charity. Buy some sweets, chocolates or other small items (often workplaces are happy to sponsor the purchase for this), put them all in a pot and make people guess how many there are in the pot. Of course they can enter for a small donation. If they win, they get the pot with sweets!
Buy your Christmas Jumper
With less than two weeks to go to Christmas Jumper Day, I’m wondering whether you already have a jumper ready or are still looking for one! You do have some time to browse around online and find the best jumper, but time flies! If you do not want to spend money or don’t like to buy (new) clothes, you can recycle old jumpers! Decorate them with Christmas things like tinsel, small baubels, stickers or swap jumpers with a friend!
Below are some fun Christmas jumpers you can order online, they might just win you the ‘best dressed’ competition!
*Disclosure: some of the links in this part are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Brave Soul Women’s Christmas Jumper£12.98 Buy Now
Christmas Dog Jumper£5.99 Buy Now
Women’s Christmas Jumper£15.69 Buy Now
Oops Christmas Santa Reindeer Jumper Dress£12.98 Buy Now
Oops Christmas Knitwear Jumper Dress£12.98 Buy Now
£5.99 instead of £59.97 (from Hey4Beauty) for a set of three Christmas jumper bottle covers – save 90%
Make Your Own Christmas Jumper and Stocking for Two at M.Y.O£76.00 Buy Now
£2.99 instead of £9.99 (from MBLogic) for a Christmas jumper wine bottle cover – choose from three designs and save 70%
Unisex Christmas Jumper£6.49 Buy Now
£12 instead of £29.99 (from Blu Fish) for a Christmas jumper – choose from seven designs and save 60%
Brave Soul Women’s Festive Christmas Jumper£9.99 Buy Now
Women’s Christmas-Knitted Jumper£12.98 Buy Now
Oops Christmas-Themed Knitted Jumper£12.98 Buy Now
Women’s Sequin Christmas Jumper£14.99 Buy Now
Christmas Penguin Knitted Jumper Dress£12.98 Buy Now
Oops Men’s Christmas Jumper£12.00 Buy Now