Bedford has a lot of nice pubs to enjoy on an evening out. Sometimes it can be difficult making a decision on where to go, so why not plan a Bedford pub crawl? This way you get to see multiple places and you can always circle back to your favourite at the end of the evening.
I’ve created the ‘Ultimate’ pub crawl route with my favourite pubs in Bedford town centre. With a handy route starting at the pictureque Embankment and finishing on the high street. The pubs are planned in order, so I recommend sticking to this exact route. This way you start at the most ‘relaxed’ pubs and finish in the ones with more of a late-evening atmosphere.
1. Firstly you start at The Embankment, a stylish pub with beautiful views over the water. Enjoy a locally brewed pint and fuel up for the night with some tasty food.
2. Walk through the alley on the right of the pub towards the Three Cups, a lovely pub with big outdoor space.
3. About a minute walk futher on you will find the Castle pub (one of my favourites in Bedford!). Classic, British style pub with tasty beers. They also (currently) offer pizza’s or Thai food from the nearby restaurants.
4. The Ship is your next visit on the pub crawl and brings you closer to the town centre. This means it will probably be busier here! The Ship is a big pub with a lovely atmosphere. A large, covered outside space is perfect if you’re with a big group and the inside is a cosy space to enjoy a tasty pint.
5. The George & Dragon is your first ‘vibey’ spot on your pub crawl. It has an actual dance floor and busy atmosphere. Don’t get tempted to stay here, you still have a couple of good pubs to tick off on your night out!
6. The Bear is your first pub on the High Street. At this point you might want to enjoy one of their tasty cocktails and if you’re lucky they might have some live music on.
7. Directly opposite The Bear is your next and penultimate stop on this pub crawl. You must be familiar with Brewhouse Pub & Kitchen, a famous pub chain in the UK. Enjoy a tasty, in-house brewed pint at the firepit or in the large but cosy garden. I always love the vibe at Brewhouse so this will get you in the mood for a good rest of your night!
8. Your last stop on the crawl (and you must nearly be crawling by now) is The Rose. In Bedford, a famous saying is ‘Rose til close!’ which I think says enough about this pub. Dancefloor, loud music and tasty drinks means that this is the perfect set up for a great night out. And the best part is that the chippy is just opposite this pub.
Let me know what your favourite Bedford pub is!
If you’re looking for a hotel in Bedford, check the widget below for the best options!
*Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.