Now that dry January is over, it is time to pour your favourite drink and enjoy! If gin is your drink of choice then you are in for an absolute treat as the 2-week long Gin Festival in Manchester is a must for gin lovers. If you aren’t sold already then keep reading to find out why you should attend the Manchester Gin Festival.
Where and when is it?
The festival takes place on the following days:
- Friday 23rd March 2017 / Evening Session / 18:30 – 23:00
- Saturday 24th March 2017 / Afternoon Session / 12:30 – 17:00
- Saturday 24th March 2017 / Evening Session / 18:30 – 23:00
- Sunday 25th March 2017 / Afternoon Session / 12:30 – 17:00
- Thursday 29th March 2017 / Evening Session / 18:30 – 23:00
- Friday 30th March 2017 / Evening Session / 18:30 – 23:00
- Saturday 31st March 2017 / Afternoon Session / 12:30 – 17:00
- Saturday 31st March 2017 / Evening Session / 18:30 – 23:00
- Sunday 1st April 2017 / Afternoon Session / 12:30 – 17:00
This gin extravaganza is hosted at the impressive Victoria Baths that makes an ideal venue for the festival.
What to see and do?
Explore a variety of gins and mixers that will please any palette! You will get a glass on arrival as a gift as well as a pocket-sized guide so you can decide where to head to first. Take in live music in one hour slots throughout the day while trying out gins from around the world and premium mixers from Schweppes. Discover brands you haven’t come across before and sample your trusted favourites in the brand room before going to one of the lively bars to purchase your favourite.
There are a host of food outlets to line your stomach in and indulge at throughout the day including offerings from Striped Pig, Dim Sum Su, Lemon Grove and snacks from the Tuckshop to keep you going all day.
Gins start from £5 and cocktails are reasonably priced at a tenner. This year the Manchester Gin Festival have introduced a cashless system to speed up the process of buying food and drink. On arrival, collect your wristband and keep it topped up with money to spend during your visit. Tip: top up £25 ahead of the festival to get an extra £5 added automatically to your account.
Ticket sales are flying but there are some £10 tickets available if you book them now. You can only get them from the official Gin Festival website and full details can be found here.