Whether you’re a first-time traveller or a frequent flyer, mistakes can happen that may affect your flying experience.
However, if you’re not careful, these mistakes can turn your trip into a nightmare and you may regret traveling, in the first place. From packing carelessly to dressing wrong, here are 5 common air travel mistakes you should avoid to have a comfortable journey:
1. Unplanned travel
Oftentimes, many first time flyers don’t know what to expect during the air travel and are not versed with the basic travel guidelines.
However, even a smooth flight can make some people feel nervous. Add turbulence to the mix, and your flying experience can be downright terrible, right? Flying can be safe and enjoyable if you are prepared for what most likely happens during the flight. Some of the tips that may help you are:
- If you’re a nervous flyer, enrol in an online flying course before chalking down traveling plans.
- Study how to handle turbulence, panic attics, or flying anxiety.
- Familiarize yourself with aeroplane noises that may occur during a flight.
- Do not travel alone if you have a medical history.
2. Packing carelessly
This is one of the common mistakes flyers make. You need to figure out what you can and what you can’t pack in your handbag.
Things you can’t take on the plane are:
- Cigarette lighters
- Sharp objects like scissors or knives
Things you can bring with you are:
- Food items
- In-flight essentials such as eye mask or headphones
Moreover, it is equally important to look for the baggage allowance policy of your airline.
3. Wearing the wrong clothing
Sitting on a plane for hours in uneasy clothing can make your whole journey difficult. Wear clothes that are loose and comfy. Some of the clothing tips to follow are:
- Avoid tight clothing, wear breathable fabrics
- Avoid heels, wear comfortable shoes
- Less on accessories like heavy jewelry.